Different Types of Suppositories
Suppositories have a base made from substances such as cocoa butter or gelatin that surrounds the drug. As the warmth of the body melts the outside, the drug slowly releases. Different kinds of boric acid suppositories go into the vagina, rectum, or the duct that empties the bladder, known as the urethra. At times, they treat the area where you insert them in. or the medicine sucks up into the blood and travels to other parts of the body.
These are the ones that are inserted at the bottom. They are about an inch long and have got a rounded or bullet-shaped tip. You might take them to treat:
- Mental health issues, including bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Itching and pain
- Motion sickness
These are the ones that are available in oval shape. These can be used for:
- Birth control
- Vaginal dryness
- Fungal or bacterial infections
These are some of boric acid suppositories that are rare ones. There is only one kind, MUSE, which men with erection issues can make use of to take the drug alprostadil. These types of suppositories are just the size of a rice grain.
Reasons to use Suppositories
You might call for a suppository if:
- The medicine tastes too bad to consume orally
- You are vomiting and are not able to keep a pill or liquid down
- You are not capable of ingesting medicine
- The drug you are consuming would break down too quickly in the digestive tract if you took it as a liquid or a pill
Issues you Might Have
Suppositories are generally safe. Yet there can be a few issues when you take medicines like this:
- The medicine can aggravate the place where it is inserted
- At times, the body does not suck up the drug as well as if you took it by mouth
- A few medicine that you take might seep out
Do you also want t buy the best boric acid for BV? Explore SeroFLora today!